Saturday, June 30, 2012

One week already

I can't believe I finished my first week of teaching and that I've been here for over more than a week already.  Time really does fly by when you're having fun.  I've met so many more fellow English Village teachers as well as their students.  There are so many things I want to mention so my posts might me in a random order.  Anyway, some of the places I've visited so far are:

 This is Namdaemun which is like a giant flee market area with lots of stores, restaurants, and street vendors.

My friends from left to right; Daniel (my roommate), Anna, and Talyn got new glasses here at a store called Look Optical.  I think me and my other two friends Krystal and Alex will get some too later on in our trip. 

The next place is Myeongdong which is where many tourists come to go shopping because of the many big name stores.  There are also many street vendors and restaurants here as well.  As you can see this place is having a big sale right now until the end of July.  

Funny pajama looking pants I saw. 

So many people when we went.  

Next place is Seohyeon where I took the train with my friends Kevin and Talyn along with one of my students and one of Kevin's.

The stop we got off brought us to AK Plaza, a giant mall. 

We had dinner at a small restaurant outside the plaza.  You can see that buildings are very tall here, full of signs because each level is a different store or restaurant or activity place (like playing pool).   

Yesterday was our first EV program activity where we went to Gwanghwamun to visit the Sejong Museum.  Each teacher was to answer questions on a sheet of paper with their students by looking through the different exhibits to find the answers.  I combined with my friend Krystal (wearing black) because none of her students could make it, and my other friend Christina (on the right) along with her two students that showed up.   

This is a turtle ship that Admiral Lee Sun-shin invented with the dragon being the figurehead.  I had to take a picture because it reminded me of dragonboating. 

Another task we had to do for the activity was to spell a word with every member you have on your team, each representing a different character from the Korean alphabet.  It was hard to think of an eight character word but we finally decided on 한 국 어 I believe.  Sort of looks like it right? 

These are three of my students that were able to make it.  From left to right: 아 람, 대 호, and 민 욱.  Their English names are April, Eric, and Philip.  (April already had hers, the other two I helped name) 

Our group in front of the King Sejong statue. (The museum is underneath) 

Walking to lunch I saw this statue and I thought it could be a giant colorful ice cream swirl since it is next to Baskin Robbins or a giant colorful poop swirl but I'm sure it's neither. 

We also got really lucky to run into these cool guys.  They were marching through the streets. 

We followed and they stopped in front of the King Sejon statue and they were allowing pictures so me, Eric and Philip (April had to leave) got a picture with one the guys.

It has been a tiring but fun week and I can't wait to visit more places and try more food.  These are definitely not all of the pictures I've taken.  I will only feature some on here while everything else will be on Facebook, so check out the rest there.  Redondo out!

1 comment:

  1. i like your ㅎ ahahaha
    yeah its definitely a colorful poop swirl.

    YAY im glad youre having fun! keep postin! lets skype soon!

    ReplyDelete