Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Time to teach

Yesterday was my first day of teaching and I was really nervous but excited to finally meet my students.  All of my fellow teachers felt the same way and we all told each other good luck as we separated to our respective buildings and classrooms.  The plan for each class was to start off with introductions as a warm up, talk about the class in general for example what to expect and learn, discuss any questions or anything they wanted to know about, start the lesson, and play a game.  I think overall it was a great first day.  They weren't too shy and were very focused and engaged in our discussions.  Each class had once person that stood out, whether it was their English sounded good or they talked more than others, but in the end every student participated enough.  The game we ended up playing towards the end of class was hangman, or hanging for them I believe.  They were so determined to guess the word.  Hopefully I will be able to help them improve their English speaking by the end of the program.

And here are pictures of my classes:  

9-10:50 AM

 12-1:50 PM

2-3:50 PM

Aren't my students just the cutest people you've seen? :)  Can't wait to get to know them even better!

3 comments: